WRIGHT, CARVER, McLEOD, MEEKER COUNTIES, MN – The first issue of “Senior Connections” was printed last week, featuring an assortment of stories about local people.
The publication is distributed free at newsstands and targeted locations in the west metro area, from Chaska to Kimball, Rockford to Hutchinson.
The full version is also online at SeniorConnectionsHJ.com. The website includes an email sign-up, for those who would like to be notified when the next issue is available.
The paper will be published monthly through Herald Journal Publishing. Stories may occasionally appear in both the newspapers and “Senior Connections” when appropriate.
To submit an idea for “Senior Connections,” email email@example.com.
For information about advertising opportunities, call 320-485-2535.
Who’s in the first issue
A few people featured in the August “Senior Connections” include:
• Marnie Glessing of Howard Lake, who went from teaching elementary students in her career to coordinating activities for senior citizens in Dassel.
• Twins George and Genevieve “Jean” Schaust of Delano, who recall growing up in the 1930s.
• Donald Becker of Kimball, who has raised and trained hundreds of horses in his 91 years of life.
• Audrey Litzau of Lester Prairie, who has spent many years volunteering in her community.
• Cathy Stifter of Mayer, who recently retired after 50 years of being a local newspaper columnist.
• Chuck Thiel of Lester Prairie, who organizes group day tours to places like the Minnesota State Fair.
• Evelyn and Jim Fowler of Winsted, who will be leading a series of cooking classes starting Thursday, Aug. 9 for people age 55 and older.
• Dale Kovar of Mayer, who has taken up running in his 50s.