HOWARD LAKE, WAVERLY, WINSTED, MN – Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted Schools will start two hours late Thursday, April 17 due to the weather.
Archive for News
Synergy HomeCare in Delano is looking to immediately fill this position. Experience in home care setting preferred. Ability to work 2-4 hour shifts 5-6 days a week. Please call (763) 295-1140 to apply and ask for Jeff.
Click HERE to view all classified ads
HOWARD LAKE, MN–Howard Lake City Council decided the citywide spring cleanup day will be May 3, at its meeting Tuesday.
“Cleanup day offers residents an affordable way to dispose of items,” City Administrator Nick Haggenmiller stated.
The cleanup day will begin at 8 a.m., and end at 11 a.m.
Elderly and handicap residents have the option to arrange for free pickup at (320) 543-3670. They must call the city office prior to Wednesday, April 30.
Middleville and Victor township residents are also welcome.
In other business, the council:
• heard the monthly municipal liquor store report for March from manager Myra Laway. The liquor store’s income was $69,824, and expenses were $77,156; resulting in a net loss of $332 for March. Laway reports the loss is due to miscellaneous bills such as unemployment insurance, and supplies for the new menu.
Laway also reported that the liquor store was entered into a drawing for participating in a food drive, and won $500 that will be used to fund a park project.
• adopted a resolution to approve an orderly annexation agreement with Middleville Township, and directed staff to execute the process with Middleville.
• authorized a 3.2 malt liquor license for the Howard Lake Orphans.
• rescheduled the council retreat to May 17, at 9 a.m.
For a list of accepted items and prices, see full story in April 21 issue.
HOWARD LAKE, MN–Howard Lake Area Chamber of Commerce will view presentations from Kurt Forst regarding Food for Kids, and Janelle Bullard regarding Meeker and Wright Special Education Cooperative Organization (MAWSECO), at its meeting Wednesday, April 16.
In other business, the chamber will discuss:
- a recap of the Howard Lake Community Expo
- developing a form for funds requests
- review of March goal-setting session
For an update after the meeting, check back at HJ Blogs.
HOWARD LAKE, MN–Howard Lake City Council will discuss its annual spring cleanup day at its meeting, Tues., April 15. The proposed day for the cleanup is May 3.
Other items on the agenda include:
- a resolution regarding an orderly annexation agreement with Middleville Township;
- consider authorizing malt liquor license for HL Orphans; and
- reschedule a date for the previously postponed council retreat.
For a follow-up after the meeting, check back with Herald Journal Blogs.