WAVERLY, MN – The cell phone of a missing Osseo man pinged in Waverly. Family members put up flyers in the area asking for help locating the man, WCCO reported. See the story HERE.
Archive for Waverly
HOWARD LAKE, WAVERLY, WINSTED, MN – One item listed on the agenda for the Monday, Aug. 13 Howar d Lake-Waverly-Winsted School Board meeting is “approve co-op with Rockford for soccer.”
The meeting will start at 6 p.m. in the high school media center. Look for coverage in the Friday, Aug. 17 edition of the Herald Journal.
HOWARD LAKE, WAVERLY, WINSTED, MN – A special Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted School Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, Aug. 6 to consider approving a football co-op.
The meeting will start at 8 p.m. in the high school media center.
Look for coverage in the Friday, Aug. 10 edition of the Herald Journal.
HOWARD LAKE, WAVERLY, WINSTED – The Wright County License Bureau will be closed Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 6 and 7, for mandatory Real ID training. For motor vehicle, game & fish, and limited driver’s license needs, residents may visit the one of the offices located in Annandale, Cokato, Delano, or Monticello.
WRIGHT, CARVER, McLEOD, MEEKER COUNTIES, MN – The first issue of “Senior Connections” was printed last week, featuring an assortment of stories about local people.
The publication is distributed free at newsstands and targeted locations in the west metro area, from Chaska to Kimball, Rockford to Hutchinson.
The full version is also online at SeniorConnectionsHJ.com. The website includes an email sign-up, for those who would like to be notified when the next issue is available.
The paper will be published monthly through Herald Journal Publishing. Stories may occasionally appear in both the newspapers and “Senior Connections” when appropriate.
To submit an idea for “Senior Connections,” email email@example.com.
For information about advertising opportunities, call 320-485-2535.
Who’s in the first issue
A few people featured in the August “Senior Connections” include:
• Marnie Glessing of Howard Lake, who went from teaching elementary students in her career to coordinating activities for senior citizens in Dassel.
• Twins George and Genevieve “Jean” Schaust of Delano, who recall growing up in the 1930s.
• Donald Becker of Kimball, who has raised and trained hundreds of horses in his 91 years of life.
• Audrey Litzau of Lester Prairie, who has spent many years volunteering in her community.
• Cathy Stifter of Mayer, who recently retired after 50 years of being a local newspaper columnist.
• Chuck Thiel of Lester Prairie, who organizes group day tours to places like the Minnesota State Fair.
• Evelyn and Jim Fowler of Winsted, who will be leading a series of cooking classes starting Thursday, Aug. 9 for people age 55 and older.
• Dale Kovar of Mayer, who has taken up running in his 50s.
WRIGHT COUNTY, MN – Click here to see photos from the July 2018 Wright County Fair in Howard Lake.
Select pictures will be printed in the Friday, July 27 edition of the Herald Journal, Enterprise Dispatch, and Delano Herald Journal.