WATERTOWN, MN – Arthur J. Borer, 88, of Watertown, passed away Thursday, May 21, 2015. Mass of Christian Burial will take place Friday, May 29 at 11 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Watertown. There will be a gathering of family and friends Thursday, May 28 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Watertown Community Center, with a 7:15 p.m. Celebration of Life. Gathering continues Friday 10 to 11 a.m. at the church, with a 9:30 a.m. rosary service, prior to Mass. Arrangements are with the Iten’s Watertown Funeral Home.
Archive for Watertown
SPONSORED POST. B’s On The River, Watertown provides catering for graduation parties.
SPONSORED POST. Blurred Vision will be playing at Riverside Bar and Restaurant, Watertown Saturday, May 23 from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
WRIGHT, McLEOD, CARVER COUNTIES, MN – Dairy princesses from Wright, McLeod, and Carver counties were among those selected as Princess Kay of the Milky Way finalists May 17.
The finalists were named at the conclusion of a three-day workshop in St. Cloud attended by nearly 70 county dairy princesses. They include:
- Kallie Baker, 18, Plainview, representing Wabasha County, daughter of Natalie and Bruce Wood;
- Kylee Fernholz, 18, Hoffman, representing Douglas County, daughter of Mark and Michele Fernholz;
- Michele Green, 20, Greenbush, representing Roseau County, daughter of Doug and Corena Green;
- Samantha Keller, 19, Goodhue, representing Goodhue County, daughter of Ted and Lora Keller;
- Kyla Mauk, 19, Howard Lake, representing Wright County, daughter of Chris and Harlan Mauk;
- Maggie Mills, 18, Lake City, representing Goodhue County, daughter of Kent and Deborah Mills;
- Jennifer Oelfke, 18, Hamburg, representing Sibley County, daughter of Jim and Jody Oelfke;
- Ellen Sheehan, 19, Rochester, representing Olmsted County, daughter of Jerome and Karen Sheehan;
- McKinzie Smith, 21, Adams, representing Mower County, daughter of Rick and Tracy Smith;
- Rachel Stender, 17, Lester Prairie, representing McLeod County, daughter of Allen and Lisa Stender;
- Morgan Uphoff, 18, Melrose, representing Stearns County, daughter of Victor and Ann Uphoff; and
- Carley Vinkemeier, 18, Norwood Young America, representing Carver County, daughter of Jeff and Tina Vinkemeier.
On behalf of Minnesota’s dairy farmers, Princess Kay makes appearances to help explain their commitment to taking care of the animals and resources while providing wholesome, nutritious and affordable dairy products. Midwest Dairy Association manages the program.
WATERTOWN, NEW GERMANY, MN – A trip to the grocery store in 1982 turned out to be life changing for Corinne “Cory” Allen of rural New Germany.
It was there that she ran into Tommy Florek, director of nursing at Elim Home in Watertown. Florek was looking for nurses, and Allen, a licensed practical nurse, was looking for a job.
Allen accepted Elim’s offer, and she’s been there ever since.
Look for a story about Allen’s career and information about her upcoming open house in the Monday, May 11 edition of the Herald Journal. Click here to subscribe online or in print.
SPONSORED POST. A performance by The Church Basement Ladies In The Last Potluck Supper will be held at Watertown-Mayer Performing Arts Center Monday, May 11 at 7:30 p.m.