HOWARD LAKE, MN – Howard Lake City Council will conduct a special budget workshop meeting Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. at city hall.
Archive for Howard Lake
HOWARD LAKE, MN – Sue Forsman, 52, of Howard Lake passed away Friday, Aug. 24, 2018, at her residence, following a battle with cancer. A Memorial Mass of Christian Burial will take place Friday, Aug. 31 at 11 a.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Winsted. There will be visitation Thursday, Aug. 30 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Chilson Funeral Home in Winsted, with a prayer service at 6 p.m. Visitation will continue Friday morning at the funeral home from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Online condolences may be made to www.chilsonfuneralhome.com
HOWARD LAKE, MN – Sue Forsman, age 52, of Howard Lake, Minnesota, passed away Friday, Aug. 24, 2018, at her residence. A Memorial Mass of Christian Burial will take place Friday, Aug. 31, at 11 a.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Winsted. Visitation will take place at the Chilson Funeral Home in Winsted Thursday, Aug. 30, from 4 to 8 p.m. with a prayer service at 6 p.m. Visitation will continue at the funeral home Friday, Aug. 31, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Arrangements are with the Chilson Funeral Home of Winsted.
MINNESOTA – Rebekka Paskewitz, a 20-year-old college student from Browerville, representing Todd County, was crowned the 65th Princess Kay of the Milky Way in an evening ceremony at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds Aug. 22.
She and the 11 Princess Kay finalists are scheduled to have their likenesses sculpted in butter as follows:
- Friday, Aug. 24: Melendy Miller, Plainview, representing Wabasha County;
- Saturday, Aug. 25: Laura Grimm, Waconia, representing Carver County;
- Sunday, Aug. 26: Julia Mullenbach, Rose Creek, representing Mower County;
- Monday, Aug. 27: Amy Broll, Chaska, representing Carver County;
- Tuesday, Aug. 28: Megan Hollermann, Burtrum, representing Todd County;
- Wednesday, Aug. 39: Blaize Dankers, Plainview, representing Wabasha County;
- Thursday, Aug. 30: Ashley Maus, Freeport, representing Stearns County;
- Friday, Aug. 31: Katherine Gathje, Richmond, representing Meeker County;
- Saturday, Sept. 1: Catherine Thompson, Plainview, representing Olmsted County;
- Sunday, Sept. 2: Korissa Lindquist, Kerkhoven, representing Kandiyohi County; and
- Monday, Sept. 3: Calissa Lubben, Edgerton, representing Rock County.
To read the full article, go to https://www.midwestdairy.com/minnesota-dairy-community-crowns-65th-princess-kay-of-the-milky-way/
HOWARD LAKE, WAVERLY, WINSTED, MN – An update on the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted School District’s football program is on the agenda for the Monday, Aug. 27 school board meeting.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. in the high school media center. Other agenda items include an enrollment update, a solar garden agreement, community education contracts, and more.
Look for coverage in the Friday, Aug. 31 edition of the Herald Journal.
COKATO, MN – Leighton “Lee” W. Dahlquist, 85, of Cokato, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2018, at the Howard Lake Good Samaritan Center. His funeral service will take place Saturday, Aug. 25 at 10 a.m. at Evangelical Lutheran Church of Cokato, with visitation beginning at 8:30 a.m., prior to the service. Arrangements are with Swanson-Peterson Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Cokato and Howard Lake. Memorials are preferred to the donor’s choice.