Section 00 1113
Advertisement for Bids
I. PROJECT IDENTIFICATION: Sealed bid proposals will be received in accordance with the construction contract documents, as prepared by Brunton Architects for:
1. Name of Project: Trailblazer Transit Center
1. Address of Project: 115 Commerce Circle, Buffalo, Minnesota 55313
I. The work will be accomplished through multiple contracts with Vos Construction, Inc., acting as the Construction Manager at Risk.
1. The following categories of work will be bid: Poured concrete foundations, Cast in place concrete (interior and exterior), Thermal insulation, Doors and hardware, Finish carpentry – various install, Sectional doors, Gypsum board assemblies, Acoustical ceilings, Flooring and ceramic tile, Painting, Specialties, Metal building system – material only, Metal building system – Install only, Fire protection, Fire alarm, HVAC including controls and testing/balancing, Electrical and communication/IT rough in, Site work – Excavations/backfill – Site utilities – Erosion control/SWPPP, Paving – Curb and Gutter – marking, Seeding.
1. BID DATE AND LOCATION: Sealed bids will be received until 1:00 pm (CST) on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at the project site, Trailblazer Transit, 115 Commerce Circle, Buffalo, Minnesota 55313. All late bids received will be returned unopened to the submitter. No faxed or electronic bids will be accepted. Sealed bid envelopes shall be marked with the Bidder’s Name and Category of Work being bid.
1. PRE-BID CONFERENCE: A bidders conference has been scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on the 21st day of July at the location of 115 Commerce Circle, Buffalo, MN 55313. Attendance at the Pre-bid Conference shall be mandatory for the pre-engineered metal building supplier, pre-engineered metal building installer, sitework contractors, mechanical contractors, demolition contractor, and electrical contractors.
1. Bid Documents for a “Single Prime” – Stipulated Sum contract may be downloaded from Quest CDN at www.questcdn.com, ebid project number 7145087. They also may be obtained from the office of the Architect, Brunton Architects & Engineers, upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit, by cash, in the amount of $400 for one set of plans and specifications.
1. BID SECURITY: Each bid shall be accompanied by a certified check, cashier’s check, or corporate surety bond in an amount equal to five (5%) percent of the base bid, as bid security. If awarded a contract, each successful Bidder may be required to furnish both Performance and Payment Bonds covering faithful performance of the contract and the payment of all obligations arising under such contract. Such bonds shall be the latest edition of the AIA Document A312/CM, in the amount equal to 100% payment. If the contract is less than $75,000 an irrevocable Letter of Credit from a financial institution will be acceptable under the same terms and conditions of Performance & Payment Bonds. Wright County and Vos Construction reserves the right to reject any or all bids received and to waive any informalities and irregularities in the bidding. Bids may not be withdrawn or modified within thirty (30) days after the closing time and date.
1. Refer to other bidding requirements described in Document 00 2113 – Instructions to Bidders and Document 00 3100 – Available Project Information.
1. Submit your offer on the Bid Form provided. Bidders may supplement this form as appropriate.
Lee Kelly, Wright County Administrator
Wright County Administration
10 NW 2nd St., Room 235
Buffalo MN 55313
Published in the Herald Journal, July 10,
17, and 24, 2020.